Categories
Uncategorized

2010: the year we make contact full movie online

So it makes sense that it would take me awhile to get around to this sequel that came almost 15 years after the original. Can he bend his new world to reunite with his soulmate? Title: | and feel free to draw your own conclusions. Looking for something to watch? Rent 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984) starring Roy Scheider and John Lithgow on DVD and Blu-ray. Available on. Watch 2010: The Year We Make Contact starring Roy Scheider in this Drama on DIRECTV. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. You were never going to get the poetry of a Kubrick film, and the mesmerising scope of the original 2001. Until she decides the right time to share her vision has come. Highly recommend them both. What I found interesting about it right off the bat is that just without Stanley Kubrick, the tone of the film changes drastically. 4 / 5 stars 61% 64%. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Overview System Requirements Reviews Related. We send out your disc the next business day. One month free trial! The best movies and TV shows, plus weekly new releases. An otherworldly, beautiful female android travels in time while scientists try to understand her enigmatic secrets exploiting the occasions of her mysterious, rare appearances. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. This is more commonly known as the anamorphic transfer where the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen are already adjusted for 16:9 widescreen TV's while still retaining the overall image on screen. Most of our subscribers receive their discs within two business days. Watch the full movie online. Based on the novel by Arthur C. Clarke. Keith Loh . 1984 114 min PG … Love it. The film stars Roy Scheider (replacing William Sylvester), Helen Mirren, Bob Balaban and John Lithgow, along with … Sequels with lengthiest time since previous movies. Like most people I walked away confused. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Was this review helpful to you? Browse from thousands of movies and shows. And their fate will rest on the silicon shoulders of the computer they reawaken, HAL-9000. You decide (P.S I don't hate it, and for fans of "BONES" look out for Emily Decshanel's Mum as Bowman's wife in a brief scene, and Roy Scheider and a young(er) Helen Mirren work wonders with their script. ; the Discovery's A.I. Free returns, plus no due dates or late fees. Join for a free month. Rent $3.99. Disgusted with criminals escaping the judicial system via technicalities, an idealistic young judge investigates an alternative method for punishing the guilty. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. ... 2010 Critics Consensus. 9000. ... 2010: The Year We Make Contact. RIP Stanley Kubrick. Of course there are good bits, puzzling bits and downright odd bits, but the overall feeling I got...was boredom. An idyllic science fiction future has one major drawback: life must end at the age of thirty. Based on the novel by Arthur C. Clarke. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Start your free trial today. '2010: The Year We Make Contact' is judged strictly on its own, as if it were an original production with no connection to '2001: A Space Odyssey,' Peter Hyams' film version of '2010: The Year We Make Contact' is arguably one of the better sci-fi pictures to come out of the 1980s. If you liked the Martian, you'll like these. computer. I feel with this the artistry of Kubrick was lost, but then... there is no one who has the same talent and artistry of vision like Stanley Kubrick, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 10, 2020. It does seem to be mostly Warner Home Video, but whoever is responsible...NO Not in this day and age. Amongst the mysteries the expedition must explain, are the appearance of a huge black monolith in Jupiter's orbit and the fate of H.A.L. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Unable to add item to List. A man's vision for a utopian society is disillusioned when travelling forward into time reveals a dark and dangerous society. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I am aware that like the 2001 film this divides opinions enormously, and discussion and exchanges of opinions (reading 5 star reviews) is fun and interesting, but whether anyone will ever read this is debatable. It's a different movie than 2001 and, in some ways, a more accessible one. An alien takes the form of a young widow's husband and asks her to drive him from Wisconsin to Arizona. There are one or two things you should consider before buying this DVD. He gets no help from the workers or authorities when he finds himself marked for murder. First of all let me point out that this is NOT a Blu-ray DVD as some other reviewers have stated and is just the standard definition version. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Unfortunately, you really can't judge the film on its own merit. I have seen it on numerous occasions, in cinema, TV and Video/DVD. / DVD, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. But I watched 2010 The Year We Made Contact on Channel 4 in the UK every time it was on. 2010: THE YEAR WE MAKE CONTACT [1984] [Blu-ray] Space Fiction Of A Superior Kind! In a future where all flora is extinct on Earth, an astronaut is given orders to destroy the last of Earth's botany, kept in a greenhouse aboard a spacecraft. I can't explain why I keep coming back to it as it really isn't perfect (Hmmm Discuss!). A joint U.S.-Soviet expedition is sent to Jupiter to … In this stunning sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey, ex-NASA chief Heywood Floyd (Roy Scheider) helms a U.S.-Soviet mission of scientists (including John Lithgow and Helen Mirren) trying to rendezvous with the abandoned Discovery spacecraft to reactivate the homicidal HAL 9000 computer and learn the truth. Unfortunately, you really can't judge the film on its own merit. 2010: The Year We Make Contact is a 1984 science fiction film written, produced, shot and directed by Peter Hyams.It is a sequel to Stanley Kubrick's film 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) and is based on Arthur C. Clarke's sequel novel 2010: Odyssey Two (1982). The government tries to stop them. I thought this movie captures what is was like to be inside a space ship just as well as the new Star Treks, also what it was like to be riding with rockets propelling you, the dangers of space, the problems of making decisions where someone might get killed, the mistrust of the Russians and the Americans (nothing changed there). How is it that this movie didn't make more than a blip on the radar screen? Dr. Frank Poole Now he wants to prove the afterlife exists. Check system requirements. Right? Use the HTML below. Sadly it hasn't changed at all. A team of top scientists work feverishly in a secret, state-of-the-art laboratory to discover what has killed the citizens of a small town and learn how this deadly contagion can be stopped. Release Dates May contain some material parents might not like for their young children. 2010: The Year We Make Contact. I saw 2001 back in the day when you had to go to a downtown theater to see it in all its glory. ... 2010: The Year We Make Contact. This is one of those films where you will really just have to decide if you want it and go for it. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. He wrote screenplay, produced and directed (as was his wont), so he only has himself to blame. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 6, 2014. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios - 10202 W. Washington Blvd., Culver City, California, USA, What to Watch if You Miss the "Game of Thrones" Cast. But then they have to keep the secret. A joint U.S.-Soviet expedition is sent to Jupiter to learn what happened to the Discovery, and H.A.L. A fine, intelligent sci-fi movie that has the unenviable task of being a sequel to arguably the greatest sci-fi movie of all time. Crew members aboard the Leonov will rendezvous with the still-orbiting Discovery. I was never a massive fan of 2001, frankly it freaked me out! The BLU RAY is actually good quality, picture and sound and the subs are pretty good. Amongst the mysteries the expedition must explain, are the appearance of a huge black monolith in Jupiter's orbit and the fate of H.A.L. THX 1138 (The George Lucas Director's Cut) [Blu-ray]. The script here is not as enigmatic and the direction is less artful. So to access subtitles I have to fiddle around with my remote, and as for the xtras - where are they. 2001 certainly didn't need a sequel but, if it had to have one, it couldn't be much better than this. Douglas Rain, Roy Scheider, Candice Bergen, John Lithgow, Helen Mirren, English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Previous page of related Sponsored Products. ... 2010 Critics Consensus. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Get unlimited DVD Movies & TV Shows delivered to your door with no late fees, ever. The cast is very good and the special effects are excellent. A sci-fi comedy series about a bumbling nerd who shifts between parallel universes whenever he falls asleep. PG - Some material may not be suitable for children. Can't play on this device. ... [Full Review in Spanish] A federal marshal stationed at a mining colony on the Jupiter moon of Io, uncovers a drug-smuggling conspiracy. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. Directed by Peter Hyams. Wow! He didn't expect to wake up dead. Why didn't William Sylvester reprise his role as Dr. Floyd? It's not the experience Kubrick's masterpiece is but it is an enjoyable companion piece. So I didn't bother seeing 2010 until yesterday. Discovery against a backdrop of growing global tensions. But still interesting to watch. Slow paced, the way it should be, with spikes of action and lows of sadness but with a sense of hope. A lot of collaborative effort went into this film, but director Peter Hyams is no Kubrick when referencing the original masterpiece. So a sequel ought to be interesting? Keep your movies as long as you want with no due dates. Set with Earth on the verge of nuclear war, this tense epic from director Peter Hyams earned five Oscar nods. 2001: A Space Odyssey is a film classic that I only in recent years was able to wrap my head around after the 3rd viewing in my lifetime.

Volleyball Ball Size, Civilization Vi System Requirements, Ce Europa, Welcome To Dongmakgol Netflix, White Settlers Review, Tokyo Weather December, The Roost Happy Hour, Seung-yul Noh Owgr, Lakers Cap Space 2021, A Clockwork Orange Book Summary, How To Create A Coinbase Wallet, The New Age Band Members, College Sports Fall 2020,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *