Categories
Uncategorized

nightmare concert 1990

It plays out like a giallo but this is not a film to be taken too seriously - this is all a bit of satire from from the director poking fun at his critics and his own career. Say you like Fulci, and admire his work even more than I do (on occasion). However, other than perhaps the hint at Fulci’s own ill-fated traumatizing attempts at domestic life (stemming from having borne witness to and surviving his parents’ painfully difficult relationship) that these Halsey scenes perhaps hint at (and which almost all Fulci films – at least the good ones — already do anyway), A Cat in the Brain, for all its potential, doesn’t really offer much beside the obvious, and doesn’t attempt to explore Fulci’s connection to his disturbing work in any revealing way. I was able to enjoy it for the most part; the violence is indeed intense, but I expected as much out of Fulci. I’m not saying it’s a dull movie. Audience Reviews for A Cat in the Brain (Un gatto nel cervello) (Nightmare Concert) Jul 16, 2012 A Cat In The Brain is the 8 1/2 of horror movies, … It might have been one of his last and only good films. Absolutely. Definently not for the faint of heart. Just confirm how you got your ticket. I say it's a lot of fun, albeit somewhat tasteless fun. Those familiar with the gory side of Fulci won't be surprised at the audacious level of repulsive visuals, but this doesn't earn the horror film equivalent of Fellini's 8 1/2, a distinction it is often afforded. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. I love movies like that. It's the goriest Fulci film I've ever seen with a whole plathora of brutally gory killings from chainsaw dismemberments, knife stabbings, beheadings, a disembowlment etc. While it’s hard to imagine Fulci actually had hoped for this low budget self-reflexive film playing it Fellini 8 ½ style would be celebrated as his return to form as an Italian horror maestro (especially considering the aging, slightly hunched and wearying director isn’t exactly the most magnetic of performers – for anyone but his most rabid fans, that is), it’s even more so when you realize that most of the plentiful gory sights, shown in the director’s typically morbid long take style, in which the ripping damage done to flesh is lingered on way beyond considerations of taste (thankfully), are actually cribbed straight from previous films (including some that aren’t even his own!). This is why I don't necessarily love him; but each of his films was what it was; and if it was shit, then so be it. A Cat in the Brain is, as most of Fulci’s later efforts were, pretty weak in comparison with what was an impressive string of greatness, starting with Beatrice Cenci in 1969. It's a film that WANTS you to be open-minded when you go into it. You may not have the stomach for the material, and you may not want to sit through it, but for those who are tolerant of this kind of stuff; "A Cat in the Brain" is a nice, unpleasant, uneasy, but unexpectedly intelligent treat. All rights reserved. Fulci plays himself; a filmmaker who is beginning to doubt both his ability and his sanity. Incoherent, pointless, pretentious, and solipsistic nonsense. Yet, even with the worst of that later lot (which “Cat” isn’t… it’s one of the better ones), I’d argue that through all the clearly diminishing budgets and his very weakening physical state, Fulci retained a nobility as a working-class genre filmmaker; he never had, for instance, as head-scratching a moment as his far more bourgeoise (and once-equally brilliant) Italian horror rival Dario Argento did with, say, his Mother of Tears where it was so bad — so just wrong — you couldn’t imagine it was even the same filmmaker. This is some shocking, brutal stuff, people. You're almost there! Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Coming Soon. He didn't do this often enough. The few scenes we watch cut together from the film the fictional Fulci is shooting are well done, often, in clever meta-conceit thinking, with no introduction into what they are, showing interesting angry domestic scenes with Fulci favorite Brett Halsey ending – naturally – in some nastiness (with the odd thing being I don’t think these are taken from a film Fulci directed!). Fulci's splatter meta-comedy is founded equally on sardonic censor-baiting and the true confessions of a conflicted auteur. Fulci fans will love it! Find trailers, reviews, synopsis, awards and cast information for Nightmare Concert (1990) - Lucio Fulci on AllMovie - In this Italian splatter film, director Lucio… By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. Required fields are marked *. You can also follow Buck on “Buck a Review,” his film column of smart, snappy, at times irreverent reviews. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. Your email address will not be published. by Douglas Buck Don't have an account? 7.0/10 Everything else I pretty much disliked due to the fact that Fulci is really only somewhat good when he's putting surrealism beside the gore effects.

The Comebacks Full Movie, National Identity Synonym, Drake Gaines 2020, Miomir Kecmanovic Ranking, Tesla Net Worth, The Corpse Of Anna Fritz 123movies, Kansas State University Biggest Rival,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *