Categories
Uncategorized

the woman in black (1989 dvd)

This is the real deal in spine tingling dread (oh that scarey house in the marshes) and when i watched this in my childhood in the 80s at Christmas this scared the jeepers out of us all young and old. The Woman in Black (The Susan Hill Collection). Reviewed in the United States on March 31, 2017. Find all the best television shows from the other side of the pond in our, Susan Hill’s A Ghost Story, The Small Hand (from the author of The Women in Black) [DVD] [2020], Woman In Black 2: Angel of Death [DVD] [2015], Brian Pern: The Life of Rock/A Life In Rock/45 Years of Prog Rock (BBC) [DVD], Lizzie Dripping & Lizzie Dripping Rides Again (BBC) [DVD]. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. The recent remake was tosh compared to this subtle masterpiece and although it may not stay entirely true to the story of Susan Hill's novel, what it does do is summon up the eerie atmosphere of Hill's novel superbly well, from the gaunt grey facade of Eel Marsh House out on the desolate marshes with the shriek of seabirds, to the naivety and growing horror of young solicitor Arthur Kipps and through to 'that scene' which I have to block out with a cushion over my face and the awful malevolent glare of The Woman. This is the real deal in spine tingling dread (oh that scarey house in the marshes) and when i watched this in my childhood in the 80s at Christmas this scared the jeepers out of us all young and old. Forget any remakes, buy yourself an all region DVD player and get only a copy of this, the original as it was and as it should be. I drag out my old VHS of this at least twice a year. Very atmospheric and extremely scary. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. I ordered this movie in VHS because the DVD was about $90. A masterpiece in supernatural writing. This is a SERIOUSLY creepy film great for the winter nights, or even a late night and a bottle of wine, but not really a film to watch on your own, it does have some quite disturbing affects on the mind after watching it. But for those wanting the best experience of all I would still recommend that you buy Susan Hill's novel of The Woman In Black and read it by the fireside on a bleak winter's night. Very atmospheric and extremely scary. The Classic Sci-fi Ultimate Collection (Tarantula / The Mole People / The Incredibl... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I just recently watched it again and enjoyed it even more. This seller included a transfer of the movie on DVD (free) which was very nice,. No televised ghost story has ever come close, before or since, although Mark Gatiss got quite close a few years back with his Crooked House trilogy. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Adrian Rawlins, Bernard Hepton, David Daker, Pauline Moran, David Ryall. The new Woman in Black with its special effects is somehow not as eerie as this version. The recent remake was tosh compared to this subtle masterpiece and although it may not stay entirely true to the story of Susan Hill's novel, what it does do is summon up the eerie atmosphere of Hill's novel superbly well, from the gaunt grey facade of Eel Marsh House out on the desolate marshes with the shriek of seabirds, to the naivety and growing horror of young solicitor Arthur Kipps and through to 'that scene' which I have to block out with a cushion over my face and the awful malevolent glare of The Woman. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 21, 2017, Love this film. This is a SERIOUSLY creepy film great for the winter nights, or even a late night and a bottle of wine, but not really a film to watch on your own, it does have some quite disturbing affects on the mind after watching it. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 10, 2013. I agree with other reviewers that there's a certain scene - and you will know which one it is - that's is absolutely frightening. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Eventually he begins to investigate the strange history of the town and becomes ensnared in its horror. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Clearly the best ghost story film adaptation of all time. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 November 2017, Love this film. A masterpiece in supernatural writing. This is still the best cinematic version of the Susan Hill story which was undoubtedly the inspiration for the plot of the Ethan Hawke movie "Sinister" which is also excellent; terrifying in fact. Doesn't need CGI, doesn't need mindless gore, doesn't need re-making (sorry Daniel Radcliffe, although you were great in the recent one). After a lonely widow dies, a young lawyer is assigned to look after her estate. Try again. Doesn't need CGI, doesn't need mindless gore, doesn't need re-making (sorry Daniel Radcliffe, although you were great in the recent one). Why this is only now available at as US import I can only guess but whatever format if your going to buy it and watch Susan Hill's the Woman in Black, it has to be this version, nothing but the best. This is the story of a young solicitor, working in London in the 1920's; who is sent to East Anglia to settle the estate of a recently deceased old widow, who lived in a large, isolated house. Incidentally, just realised The actor who played Harry Potter's dad James Potter stars in this, and 'Harry' stars in the modern version! Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Its a simple storyline, with a very small cast but boy oh boy does it work!. Summary: The story follows a young lawyer, Arthur Kipps, who is ordered to travel to a remote village and sort out a recently deceased client’s papers. NDGDA Winter Women Snow Plush Boots Boots, Comfortable Ankle Boots Slip Resistant R... Faionny Womens Shoes Suede Ankle Boots Solid Leopard Zipper Boots Short Shoe for Wo... Faionny Women Shoes High Heel Pumps Fashion Shoe Boots Girls Ankle Boots Bandage Ho... Prison School - The Complete Series [Blu-ray], Joker Game: The Complete Series [Blu ray] [Blu-ray], Future Diary - The Complete Series + OVA [Blu-ray]. Unable to add item to List. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Manufacturer Representative Job Description, Culpeper County Online Gis, Sharda University Average Package Btech Cse, Destroyer In Japanese, 10 Gallon Saltwater Tank Kit, Blackbird Movie 2017, True Value Navi Mumbai Maharashtra, Ghostshield: Polyaspartic 745,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *